The ultimate five feel-good must haves every fashionable woman needs in August 2017

2017-07-01 12.22.48



   Hey, friends! As promised, I am back home and writing to you on a relaxed Friday evening. It is the first time in a long time that I am spending the whole evening at home. However, the weather has changed in the course of the day and most of my friends are still on holiday and are returning on the weekend. So, I have decided to stay at home. As my holidays have just started, there are going to be enough occasions to go out in the evenings…

2017-07-15 19.01.57

   Although I am not really willing to think about the time when my holidays will be over, which is in August, I am already looking for all those things that might help to make me stay in this good-feeling place even when it is time to go back to work. Honestly, guys…in the past few days I have thought a lot about quitting. However, on the other hand, I need the money. (Who doesn’t? Winking smile) I am sure a lot of you are familiar with this situation. At least, I hope that it is not the majority of my readers who earn their money with stuff they love to do. And if so, please do not tell me about it…It would make me so jealous!!!

2017-07-15 11.07.13

   That’s why my only choice so far is to go the feel-good way and find as many reasons to feel good as possible. Maybe one day something better will come along…Maybe you are in a similar situation or you are looking for reasons to feel good just to feel good. So I hope that my list of the ultimate five feel-good must haves for August 2017 offers some inspiration for you as well…

2017-07-13 09.27.20


1. Buying a comeback bag

    I am so appreciating the comeback of some of the greatest labels in bag design that have almost been forgotten by the fashion world.

Il Bisonte
Diese traditionelle Taschenlabels sind wieder schwer angesagt

Mark Cross
Diese traditionelle Taschenlabels sind wieder schwer angesagt

Offermann
Diese traditionelle Taschenlabels sind wieder schwer angesagt

Perrin Paris
Diese traditionelle Taschenlabels sind wieder schwer angesagt

2. Transitional knits

   August in my area is the season when the days can be quite hot and the evenings cold. Even today, while I am sitting here with you on my desk, the weather seems to ignore the fact that it is summer. The sky is completely dark and it is raining incessantly. These are the moments I love to pick one of my transitional knits. And for those of you who have been following my blog for some time, you may remember that I am a huge fan of merino sweaters and I have been always ready to buy the more expensive ones as I really consider them as a real long-term investment. Simple and plain, however, do not work this season. Colorful, eye-catching and fabulous are the key-words…

The Hot List: July

Proenza Schouler
Proenza Schouler long sleeve sweater

Givenchy
Givenchy asymmetric sweater

Maison Margiela
Maison Margiela contrast stripe knitted sweater

See by Chloé
See By Chloé embroidered sweater

3.  A striped shirt dress

   Stripes are going to stay with us this and the next season (hopefully forever Smile). This evening I took an evening walk through my sweet little town. I love to stroll through the beautiful and romantic monastery garden in the early evening. The sunlight (if present) is amazing at that time and the smell of all those medicals plants is a wonderfully sensual experience.

2017-06-24 14.05.51

I wore my lovely shirt dress that I’ve just bought on my trip to Lake Constance together with my Vintage Levis 501, a navy blazer and my Stan Smith…I felt really good while wearing this outfit and I love that you can wear the shirt dress also with pants. Together with the short blazer, the outfit looks really cool.

2017-07-04 14.32.34

DRESSES OVER JEANS  Now that denim fits are more relaxed, so is the styling. Hence why we’ve seen a number of fashionable ladies doubling down on their proportions. An oversize shirt dress + straight-

4. The perfect summer fragrance

   I am a big fan of trying new scents. That’s why I have a variety of smells at home that I am wearing on different occasions. However, there is one fragrance that I have bought a few weeks ago, that has become my signature scent of Summer 2017.

Philosykos by Diptyque

Wearing this amazing perfume feels like an endless holiday trip as it reminds me of long walks through golden summer fields and woods with the perspective of going for a swim in the sea soon. It also evokes these careless childhood summer memories when the one and only thing you had on your mind was to leave the house as fast as possible to play outside in the lovely summer sunshine, just living in the moment…I love that feeling and that’s why this amazing fragrance is going to become an integral part of my wardrobe.

5. Creativity

2017-07-14 20.07.50

   For me, one of the most essential feel-good must haves of August is going to be my creativity and all those things that help stimulate it. In my regular job, I do not have a lot of space to be creative or better said I rather feel forced to be creative. Honestly, guys, this is not the form of creativity that I need or want. When I am preparing my posts I love to lose myself in books, fashion magazines and various accessories that might fit into the post. Even when I am outside, I am always open for new inspirations for my next posts and I can find them everywhere…in nature, on the market, in the streets…This kind of creative work helps me to keep my mind busy and active in a positive way and distracts me from negative things that come up in every day-to-day routine. At the same time, this positive mindset provides more room for creative thinking. It is really worth giving it a try! Buy books, magazines, flowers or anything that appeals to you and that you can afford and see what you can do with it.

2017-07-12 19.22.40

2017-07-13 17.45.36

Have you found your favorite feel-good must have for August 2017 on my list? If so, I would love to read your comments and if not, please tell me about your most preferred feel-good must haves! I am looking forward to your inspirations. Enjoy your weekends, guys and do not forget to enjoy some fashionable moments! I see you soon!
Hugs and kisses,
Maritine


Kommentare

  1. Nice post my dear and nice selection pics. I'm a lover of stripes print. Don't miss my last post, now on my blog! Kisses from Italy and thank you for your visit,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Blogger and pregnancy

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts